Potato, Sausage and Egg Breakfast CasseroleReport Violation
1 (12 oz.) package Johnsonville Original Breakfast Patties
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1/2 cup chopped red pepper
Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
1 (4.9 oz.) package Hungry Jack® Four Cheese Potatoes
2 cups boiling water
2/3 cup milk
5 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 cup Hungry Jack® Mashed Potatoes, Flakes
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons chopped chives
1. CRUMBLE and cook sausage in skillet over medium-low heat for 5 minutes. Add onion, green pepper and red pepper. Cook an additional 5 minutes.
2. HEAT oven to 400°F. Coat 9x9-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
3. PLACE potatoes and cheese packet in large bowl. Stir in boiling water. Whisk milk, eggs and garlic powder in medium bowl. Add to potatoes. Stir in sausage mixture. Pour into prepared pan.
4. COMBINE potato flakes, butter and salt with a fork until evenly moistened. Stir in chives. Sprinkle on top of potatoes.
5. BAKE for 30 to 35 minutes or until potatoes are tender and top is golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
TIP:To prepare the day ahead, follow directions until potatoes are in prepared pan. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Heat oven to 375°F. Stir together topping ingredients, then sprinkle over top of potatoes. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until potatoes are tender and top is golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Source: Hungry Jack